Fender has once again teamed up with surely the coolest guitarist on the planet, British guitar legend Johnny Marr (The Smiths, Modest Mouse, The Cribs), this time to launch his acclaimed signature Johnny Marr Jaguar in a highly limited new finish: Fever Dream Yellow, available now at select Fender dealers.
Offering a wealth of highly-specialised features ideal for the discerningly unconventional player, the guitar is based on Marr’s modified 1965 Fender Jaguar. Key features include:
• Dual custom-wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr single-coil pickups which crank out incisive tone that’s just the thing for slashing through a sonically dense mix.
• Four-position blade pickup switch which includes a series wiring option, for thicker tone with higher output, and dual upper-horn slide switches which “brighten” the tone with a low end roll-off either universally, or in position four.
• Maple neck with a custom profile taken from Marr’s original, along with vintage-style truss rod adjustment at the heel while the 7.25”-radius rosewood fingerboard bears 22 vintage-style frets.
• Jaguar bridge modified to Marr’s specifications, featuring Mustang® saddles, a chrome cover and nylon posts inserts for improved stability, protecting against shifts that may occur with heavy tremolo use.
• Vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece includes a “taller” tremolo arm with a nylon sleeve insert, ensuring it stays in whatever position you place it.
• Redesigned contours and 24” scale length comfortable for players of any size.
To coincide with the launch, Fender has also released a video with Johnny Marr, where he discusses the inspiration behind his signature Jaguar and demonstrates the strikingly dynamic guitar work that has seen him inspire generations of players since the 1980s. Marr plays three songs on his LE Jaguar in the video, including ‘The Headmaster Ritual’ from The Smiths’ seminal second album, Meat Is Murder.